So anyone happen to know the best baseball stadiums for tailgating? We’ve never really gotten into the baseball tailgating scene and unfortunately the only relevant news that I recall is that Dodger Stadium has a tailgating ban. Over the past few years the cops have arrested a bunch of people, cracked down on people drinking beers in the parking lot, and there aren’t many tailgate games being played out there in Chavez Ravine. Meanwhile down in Orange County they have embraced tailgating a little bit more… although there are some pretty strict rules that need to be followed. Here are the 2011 tailgating rules per the Los Angeles Angels website:
The following is prohibited in the Angel Stadium Parking Lot:
- Alcohol consumption in the parking lot is illegal. AMC 7.16.010.010;
- Selling food or beverages of any kind;
- Preparing food or beverages of any kind where such preparation necessitates the use of an object or practice that is deemed by Angels Baseball to be unsafe, hazardous, or posing a threat of injury to guests, participants, officials, or individuals employed at Angel Stadium.
- Alcohol consumption in the parking lot is illegal. AMC 7.16.010.010.
- Tailgating is only permitted in general parking (non-preferred) areas (near the Big A, Orangewood, State College and Douglass general parking areas.)
- On-site catering is prohibited. No catering trucks allowed!
- Early entry into the parking lot for tailgating is not permitted. The parking lot opens two-and-one-half (2-1/2) hours prior to the start of the game.
Parking Lot Regulations:
- Parking lot opens two-and-one-half (2-1/2) hours prior to game time
- Angel Stadium opens two (2) hours prior to game time at the Home Plate gate
- No vehicle may occupy more than one parking space. AMC 14.32.140.
- There is no in/out parking.
- General parking is $8/car.
- Vehicles in excess of 20 feet in length will be charged $16.00.
- Park only in a marked stall. Vehicles parked in unauthorized areas will be cited and towed away. AMC 14.32.330.
- Barbecues: Only approved gas/propane units with fuel-valve turn offs. No charcoal allowed. AMC 11.04.095.
- No early entry into the parking lot.
- Alcohol consumption in the parking lot is illegal. AMC 7.16.010.010
- Parking lot closes one (1) hour after the conclusion of the event.
- Overnight parking is prohibited. AMC 14.32.160.
- No selling or soliciting on Angel Stadium of Anaheim property. AMC 4.52.090.
- Unlicensed motorized vehicles are prohibited.
- On-site catering is prohibited.
Is your local stadium Tailgate-Friendly?? Let us know if your favorite team has an awesome tailgating scene. Email us your story or some pictures! Or any news about Dodger Stadium tailgating or Anaheim Angels tailgating?
Back in LA for the summer and what better way to enjoy the weather than setting up a leisure sports league? In between website design, trying to find products, and attending Dodgers games, it will be nice to hang out and relax at the beach.
Thinking about Cornhole, Bocce, Horseshoes, Olympic Events, Bowling, Beer Pong, Ladder Golf, Frisbee Golf, Beach Golf, Washers, Smashball, maybe some others.