Archive for March, 2011
So anyone happen to know the best baseball stadiums for tailgating? We’ve never really gotten into the baseball tailgating scene and unfortunately the only relevant news that I recall is that Dodger Stadium has a tailgating ban. Over the past few years the cops have arrested a bunch of people, cracked down on people drinking beers in the parking lot, and there aren’t many tailgate games being played out there in Chavez Ravine. Meanwhile down in Orange County they have embraced tailgating a little bit more… although there are some pretty strict rules that need to be followed. Here are the 2011 tailgating rules per the Los Angeles Angels website:
The following is prohibited in the Angel Stadium Parking Lot:
- Alcohol consumption in the parking lot is illegal. AMC 7.16.010.010;
- Selling food or beverages of any kind;
- Preparing food or beverages of any kind where such preparation necessitates the use of an object or practice that is deemed by Angels Baseball to be unsafe, hazardous, or posing a threat of injury to guests, participants, officials, or individuals employed at Angel Stadium.
- Alcohol consumption in the parking lot is illegal. AMC 7.16.010.010.
- Tailgating is only permitted in general parking (non-preferred) areas (near the Big A, Orangewood, State College and Douglass general parking areas.)
- On-site catering is prohibited. No catering trucks allowed!
- Early entry into the parking lot for tailgating is not permitted. The parking lot opens two-and-one-half (2-1/2) hours prior to the start of the game.
Parking Lot Regulations:
- Parking lot opens two-and-one-half (2-1/2) hours prior to game time
- Angel Stadium opens two (2) hours prior to game time at the Home Plate gate
- No vehicle may occupy more than one parking space. AMC 14.32.140.
- There is no in/out parking.
- General parking is $8/car.
- Vehicles in excess of 20 feet in length will be charged $16.00.
- Park only in a marked stall. Vehicles parked in unauthorized areas will be cited and towed away. AMC 14.32.330.
- Barbecues: Only approved gas/propane units with fuel-valve turn offs. No charcoal allowed. AMC 11.04.095.
- No early entry into the parking lot.
- Alcohol consumption in the parking lot is illegal. AMC 7.16.010.010
- Parking lot closes one (1) hour after the conclusion of the event.
- Overnight parking is prohibited. AMC 14.32.160.
- No selling or soliciting on Angel Stadium of Anaheim property. AMC 4.52.090.
- Unlicensed motorized vehicles are prohibited.
- On-site catering is prohibited.
Is your local stadium Tailgate-Friendly?? Let us know if your favorite team has an awesome tailgating scene. Email us your story or some pictures! Or any news about Dodger Stadium tailgating or Anaheim Angels tailgating?
Free Beer Pong Gear~
This is pretty damn good deal, not a discount, not a sale, they are free! — You want FREE Beer Pong Balls, we want to send them to you. This work for you? What we’d really love to have in exchange for shipping you some free gear… is Facebook Fans (people who “LIKE” our page). So all you need to do is get some of your buddies, or frat brothers, or some random people from elementary school that you haven’t spoken with in a zillion years, or anyone, to “Like” our Facebook Page. Email us once you think you have the appropriate number of people (and who they are), and then we will send you the stuff. It’s that easy!
Free 6-Pack Beer Pong Balls — 15 Facebook Fans
Free Beer Pong Sleeve, Cups/Balls — 25 Facebook Fans
Free Beer Pong Emergency Kit — 35 Facebook Fans
Free 60-Pack Beer Pong Balls — 45 Facebook Fans
Free Beer Pong Table (6.5 Feet) — 125 Facebook Fans
Free Beer Pong Table (8 Feet) — 200 Facebook Fans
Can anyone actually get 200 of their friends to join our facebook page?? DOUBT IT! But why not toss that in there, people can dream of getting that free beer pong table. Meanwhile, 15 people… totally achievable!
How do we verify that your friends have “Liked” the Page? We can see them all! But you need to email us the list of people that you expect to be there. People can only be counted once! So you can’t have your friends use the same people. You also can’t include people that are already Fans (we have a current list, so they need to be newcomers!) Anything else? Any questions? Email.
Other details, the fine print, yada yada yada:
Offer valid while supplies last, The Day of Games LLC can cancel this giveaway without notice but we honestly want to give away this stuff, and we really do want those Facebook Likers. You must provide the complete list of names of the people you got to join the page. Those fans must remain in place at least until the giveaway has been shipped. The Day of Games might take over a week to ship the beer pong balls, table, etc.
The Day of Games has pretty much covered the games that people play while Tailgating. What next? The next logical step is to move into the game room and try and get some new products that are affordable for everyone, fun to play, and familiar to all. Here are some of our favorites that we are thinking about selling:
We think we’ve covered most of the Game Room Games that you want inside your Man Cave. Anything missing? What’s the best game you’ve ever played in a Game Room? What’s in your ManCave?
These next generation of products are all for indoor play. But we haven’t forgotten about the outdoors! As for new products to be played outside… we are thinking about:
& some new games that we are inventing!
We all know that Chad Ochocinco can kick the hell out of a Football (see video below), but what about a Soccer ball?
Mr. 85 has decided to tryout for the MLS! Specifically, the Kansas City Sporting. I know he might be bored during the lockout, but shouldn’t he be working on his hands instead of perfecting his kicking skills? Good luck with your 4-day tryout.
Hoping for a new trend here at The Day of Games, annual retreats. First stop – Costa Rica! Loving it. Can you ever get too many rivers to drive through, or beaches to relax on, or monkeys to stare at? I think the monkeys here would dominate all forms of leisure sports. Retreats have catchy names though, that’s what’s missing. How about the… “Amazing Week Each Spring Of Manufacturing Enjoyment” … also known as… The AWESOME. Sounds like a winner. I guess the only problem is that this first annual AWESOME took place at the end of winter. Details… details…
Time for scuba. Pura Vida! Still waiting to get my first game of Bocce Ball on!
For those of us who simply can’t get enough Sheen. He has just gone live on Twitter @CharlieSheen. Greatest part about his first Tweet ever… he is rocking a Cleveland Indians hat! WILD THING!! Now… if only Sheen would start walking around with this Bocce Set…
Looks like WILD THING to me!