How to Play Stickzee… aka… How to Play Polish Horseshoes.
First off, you’ll need a Stickzee set. So get one. Then just follow the instructions:
INCLUDED IN YOUR STICKZEE SET –
1 – Disc
2 – Platforms (includes 1 extra part per platform to vary the game height (3 possible heights))
Each platform includes 1 part that has a sharp bottom which can be placed directly into sand if playing at the beach.
2 – Can Coolers (koozie’s)
1 – Bottle Opener
0 – Cans or Bottles. This game is BYOB! If you have no target… just use the koozies (placed upside-down on each platform)!
Throw the disc at empty can, bottle, or koozie on top of the platform. Other team tries to catch the disc and can/bottle/koozie.
AREA OF PLAY –
Stickzee can be played almost anywhere – Beach, Park, Backyard, Alleyway; pretty much any open area. It is not recommended that you use this set indoors, but feel free to play wherever you like. Just stick to the “Basics” and only throw the disc at the platform and can.
STICKZEE GAME SETUP –
If on a beach – Just stick the pipe directly into the ground!
If not, create platform bottom first; then decide how high you want the target.
The lower the target, the harder it is to play!
All plastic pieces should be secured gently.
It’s OK if the platform falls over when hit by disc, just pick it up.
Once the platforms are constructed they should be placed approximately 5 to 8 paces apart from one another.
STICKZEE RULES PER THE DAY OF GAMES –
There are various ways to play Stickzee. This is the Day of Games way. Stickzee can be played 1 vs. 1, or Team vs. Team.
1) Place an empty can or bottle on top of each platform. Each team will stand behind their platform.
2) Decide which team will toss first. This first team shall throw the disc at the platform. Try and knock over the target (can or bottle).
3) The disc can hit the target or the platform. Players on defense cannot block the disc in front of the platform (interference!).
4) Defenders should try and catch the disc and the can.
5) Throwers (Offense) must throw a “reasonable” and “catchable” disc. For beginners, not too fast. Throws must be above the defenders knees, below their heads, and within a couple feet of the platform. The game is played to 21 points, win by 2.
STICKZEE SCORING – Play to 21.
Can hits the ground – 2 points for throwing team.
Disc hits the ground – 1 point for throwing team.
Interference by Defense – 2 points for throwing team.
Throw uncatchable throw – No points for disc (if the disc hits the platform too low… you can still score for the can, but not the disc)
How to play beersbee, how to play polish horseshoes, how to play frisbeer, how to play frisnock
It is really that simple. Just throw the disc at the opponents can. Knock it over. Score points. Or, if they just drop the disc, you can score points that way as well. Enjoy!